Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The City of Shibuya

If you enjoy a city like New York than I 100% recommend you see Shibuya. Right when you get off the subway and enter the city it looks like a replication of Times Square. Billboards, thousands of people, and the countless amounts of stores made me feel a little overwelmed at first but once I started walking  and picked where I wanted to start I didn't want to stop!

Ladies if you love to shop I suggest you head to 109. It is nine floors of endless clothing, shoes, and accessories. Each floor is catered to a certain type of style and let me tell you just about EVERY style is displayed. A few blocks from that is a huge Forever 21, H&M, and if you're feeling like you want to shell out some money you can hit up Burberry. Majority of the women in Shibuya wore knee high heeled boots with a short skirt, a cute top, and their hair was always done up. Men tend to wear nice slacks, collared shirt, and a man purse is a common trend.

If you're hungry you'll have no problem finding food. There is every resturant from Japanese to Italian to French to Irish pubs. And let me tell you, the food in Shibuya is excellent quality.

If you're wanting to head further from the main area of Shibuya there is a more upscale area that also replicates a little bit of New York City on fifth ave except this area goes for miles. The street is light up beautifully and the only types of cars you'll see cruising through these avenues are Range Rovers, BMW's, and Mercades. The streets are lined up with designer stores from Ralph Lauren to Fendi. But turn down one of these streets and you'll get into an area filled with expensive little boutiques and cafe's.  Even if you're not planning on making any crazy purchases it is worth checking out and taking some pictures of.

There's so much I could say about this city. This is a city that I think everyone needs to visit and it is good for all ages!

Tipping : You do not need to tip anyone at a Japanese resturant. The fee is included into your bill so enjoy the food!

Vocabulary:

Good Afternoon: konnichiwa

1 comment:

  1. Now, I really want to go to the city of Shibuya. You did a great job breaking it down into the different tourist areas, and I like that it seems like a good transition city for Americans to visit, who may be intimidated by a language barrier. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete