Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Adventure Tokyo

Welcome to my first blog! When first thinking of an idea for creating a blog I wanted to choose a topic in which I could help people and yet educate them at the same time. I didn't want to do something cliche. So after putting more thought into it I decided why not blog about my experience in Tokyo. I'll give some of the best spots in Tokyo for shopping, dining, historical landmarks, and nightlife. Also, I'll make sure to give helpful tips of what and what not to do, and even some vocabulary! This way anyone who is planning a trip, thinking about traveling, or even just wants to know what Tokyo is like can get a good overview of what to expect.


If there was one thing I could choose to do for the rest of my life it would be to travel to all different countries to study the culture, see the beautiful architecture, meet diverse groups of people, and overall expand my horizons on my outlook on life. Thus far I have visited Ireland, England, Scotland, France, and my latest trip was to Tokyo, Japan. Out of each place I have visited I have found Tokyo to be very similar to some of the cities here in the United States but also at the same time I struggled with the culture shock. However, it was a good culture shock. The Japanese are some of the friendliest people you will come across. Being a foreigner in Japan can be very frustrating especially if you're not familiar with the language. The citizens are always willing to help you find your way around and go out of their way to lend a hand. Not always something you can rely on here in the United States. The Japanese people were just one of the very many perks to visiting this country.


My goal for this blog is to share my knowledge and experience with everyone on one of the most remarkable cities, Tokyo, Japan.

2 comments:

  1. Shea your blog looks like it is going to be very interesting! I was already jealous of your trip and it looks like I am going to be even more envious after reading all about it! I can't wait! :]

    ReplyDelete