Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sing it Out

What is one of the most popular things to do while in Tokyo you ask? Karaoke of course. I couldn't believe it myself but on almost every few blocks you would see some glass building with a front desk and three workers standing behind it. That is where people may go on their lunch breaks, to throw a party or to just have a good time with friends. You sign up for as long as you'd like to go in for. The one I visited had seven floors and the room sizes varied. The first time I went was with the other fourteen students on our trip. Since we had a bigger size group we had a room with couches, a big screen tv, and a mini stage that lit up different colors. Let me tell you we all had a blast! We hung around, had a few drinks, and sang out a few songs.

Well because me and my roomate had such a good time we decided to go back on our own! This time our room was much smaller because it was the two of us. There was two couches and just a tv screen. Still, we had an awesome time.

After seeing and enjoying the karaoke over in Tokyo I was really bummed coming back to the states knowing we don't have something like that over in the states. However, I'm glad I did it and I completely recommend it to anyone traveling to Japan because suprisingly it is a big part of their culture!

No comments:

Post a Comment