Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Something Fishy

Tsukiji fish market is the world's biggest wholesale fish and seafood market. The key is going very early in the morning to watch the unloading of the tuna. However, when we visited this was closed to foreigners because the tradeing and unloading of the fish can get too intense for visitors. They can get in the way and even get hurt in some cases. The market opens at 3 AM! We went at 9 AM to see all of the other parts of the market and hopefully miss the "rush" of people. This was the first place I was able to visit and travel to in Tokyo. When we got there I was immediately overwelmed by the loads of people travleing up and down the rows in the market. As I explored the market, I entered the heart of the market where the huge fish are killed, sold and traded. I've never seen such big fish in front of my eyes before. It was so cool. It's definitely something you need expeirence for yourself. I highly reccomend it!

2 comments:

  1. I think that the smell of the fish market would have made me sick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder could you smell the fish from far beyond the piont before you got there...I bet it stank. lol

    ReplyDelete